Sunday, February 25, 2007

driving lessons, finally!

Had my first driving lesson today, finally!

It sucks to not have a driving license in Malaysia, especially when all my other friends can drive, its even worse when those who are taking the driving test along with you are all younger than you....

Anyway, I woke up at 6am to get ready for my first driving lesson that I thought was at 7am.

I waited, and waited and waited til 7.30am came and realised that the lesson was set to 7.30 not 7 in the first place. Hah.

Well, my driving instructor was Chinese but spoke to me in English. At first he brought me to a quiet road in front of the BU 4 school and let me drive the car and make U-turns for a while. All those practices with my Dad paid off :)

He said that I was unusually calm and steady for a noob-driver. "I can't say that about most lady drivers I know", he even said. Hahaha!!! :D

Then he taught me to drive up a slope, as well as parking. He had a formula for everything, especially the parking. Reverse til you see the first pole in the middle of the backseat window, until the backtire is on the yellow line, until I can see the seventh pole at the back and stuff like that.. he even drew diagrams! Like in real life we'll have poles to look at when we park lar.

Anyway, we went to the SDC circuit and did the slope and the parking.

I passed the slope on my first try! :D

Which was quite amazing cos I was sure I'd be rolling down backwards over and over again like the others, til the cars behind me get fed up.

The parking wasn't too good though. Haha. I could tell my instructor was really frustrated at me 'cos I was saying 'Oh oh okay' to all of his instructions but following none of them heh. :P It was just really difficult for me lar 'cos I totally suck at estimation :(

On the second try at the slope though, I failed, TWICE. Guess that first success was a fluke :P Haha, how embarassing it was to go up the slope and roll backwards before I reach.

Anyway, he still said that I was a FAST LEARNER! And that he would let me drive to SDC on my second lesson :D Wow.

Overall it was a good first driving lesson. Felt like the time I finally learnt to ride my bike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation for your first driving lesson. ...Another lady driver on the road ...who like to be road-hogger.

meiyan said...

haha who is uncle sam? sir sammy ar... hey i'm an exceptional lady driver, at least I aspire to be haha. :)