Wednesday, February 14, 2007

the V-day






so.






happy valentine's day!






nothing great about it, it's really just another day with too much traffic on the road. But anyway it was an eventful day for me, which is good, because i haven't had an eventful day for a very, very long time.






Meet up with my beloved ex-roomie, manpreet today :). My kichimayom and I had lunch together and watched a chic flick, the Holiday.










It was not bad, very feel-good, but honestly, it wasn't as good as expected. (I expected a lot cos a friend of kichi's came to watch it the second time haha.) It was a little slow and draggy and toward the middle I kinda was just waiting for it to end, maybe cos kichi had to go halfway through the movie cos her bf came. But anyway the ending was nice, but nothing out of the ordinary.







What I really liked about it was the whole holiday warm fuzzy feeling inside kinda thing, especially with the 2 adorable kids, sophie and olivia. They were absolutely charming!! Kate winslet was great in the movie I think, she was very much the picture of a sad, sad woman who loves but doesn't get loved back and still doesnt' have a clue. But jack black in the movie was kinda weird for me, cos he was playing a very, erm, normal guy in the movie. Maybe i'm just not used to him in movies like these cos I haven't seen Shallow Hal yet :S







Well, after that, went to have dinner with lup wai, ivan, foogie, eongxien, weikeat, shengwei. Bah ku teh at ss2. We stayed only a short while cos eongxien, my favourite neighbour :), won free tickets to Music and Lyrics tonight! Thanks btw! :D





We got past the traffic jam and went to watch that movie, and wow, I had a blast laughing non-stop. It was really really funny. Hugh grant was very funny in the show. Super funny. Ok I don't have any other more sophisticated words in my vocab to express 'funny'. That tall, tall woman from 3rd rock from the Sun and Ray's brother (from Everybody loves Raymond) were very, very funny too!! Oh and those who haven't watched it, do stay for the credits, cos they play that hillarious POP video at the end again with really, funny statements about what happened to the characters.







And I do think its one of the best chick flicks I've seen, with the exception of 50 first dates.







50 first dates is still the best cos it made me laugh and cry at the same time. Music & Lyrics just made me laugh. Didn't really come close to crying, though there was DEFINITELY that warm and fuzzy feeling.







anyway, i really do think Music & Lyrics is a must-watch! Now I can't get that corny 80's POP song out of my head. "oooh... POP!, goes my heart..."And the vision of hugh grant in his ridiculous hair and tight pants prancing about, jumping up and down at his keyboard won't go away. I really don't know why!! Haha, i still want to laugh now.


maybe you can see why.



Anyway, this wasn't such a bad v-day after all. Maybe i'll just spend my v-days watching chick flicks in the future. I like it. :)

No comments: