Saturday, July 30, 2005

***Deeply loved, greatly blessed, highly favoured...

3:35pm : I can't wait til' class is over, and thus the start of my weekend - most importantly cell group. Wahahaha can't wait...

Met Jing Jie at the bus stop before we went to Janis' house to prepare refreshments. Wahaha, sorry, amendments to my last entry: Jing Jie wasn't nervous at all (so he claims), my mistake anyway. Then went to buy bread n tuna n tomatoes to make sandwiches. All went quite well but we didn't know what lettuce looked like. :P Haha luckily got label.

Then tiffany called and asked us to buy sugar. But too late d the only store was at the MRT station and luckily the nice store aunty willingly sold us sugar loose, for 50 cents only sumore. :) Thank God.

Reached Janis' house n started preparing stuff. Hehe, me Tiffany n Jesse made jelly and fried nuggets while Janis was busy making sausages n stressing herself out in the kitchen. Not bad lar we gals quite effecient actually. Quite fun oso though we were rushing and panicking haha:) Jing Jie did the sandwiches on his own. Haha, really. Fed Janis' rabbits the leftover lettuce.

Then with WeiXian n Yi Hui as well we went over to Hui Zhen's (CG leader) house. Cell group was great la! 3 new friends. :) All from Wee Yang's class. Haha, never knew Wee Yang so capable ar. 3 gals. ;) One of them, Cindy, from Malaysia sumore.

Lester's testimony was...walau. Tremendous lar. Oscar-deserving speech. Really. How great is our God who transforms the shatters of our broken lives and restores the ultimate joy in life! The Sacred Delight of the Lord that can never be taken away by any circumstance... :)

During Hui Zhen's sharing there was one thing that really hit me - never be afraid to dream big. God never meant for us to dream small. I dream of revival in AJ, though we start small, we should never dream small. It reminded me of my home church RLC :) Pastor Joshua always said... For the poorest are not those without money, but those without dreams.

Anyway after CG i decided to take the cab back at 1030 so i could stay a little longer for fellowship. Then my grandauntie called. Aunty Dolly. Hehe. Don't think i've met her before. But i'm meeting her and my granduncle and some of the cousins i've never met before this Sunday! :) Wow.

Well, took a cab back with Jie Han n Aaron a.k.a. Harry and reached back the hostel in time. :)

I'm listening to Michael Buble's song - Home right now.

"Another day has gone away in Paris n Rome,
I'm lucky i know, but I wanna go home..."

I still miss home. There's no place like it no matter what.

but...

I thank God for roomies - Kwang Ying n Manpreet n Kailin who remind me of family.

I miss SS2 cell group back home too. :) Yeah you guys, E.T., meiyii, huiyii, tian an, kee wai, krys, ivan, pei wen n everyone ahh....

but...

I thank God for E314, the beloved cell group that has made me feel at home in this crazy place. :)

No comments: