Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fraility.

have you ever watched 'the Hours'?

Yeah that show with Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep and the lot.

I still wonder why Laura, the pregnant wife in the show, wanted to do herself in (not to mention the baby). She had it all, didn't she? The perfect home and family. Was it her neighbour that day? The fact that she brokedown and told of her illness?Just a spur of the moment?

and Virginia? the estranged author who wrote 'Mrs.Dalloway'. but that I could understand. It's difficult living to please those around you. She had a choice though, didn't she? Why didn't she get on the train to London?

and Clarrissa and the party she wants to throw for her dying friend and poet, Richard. Why did the party matter so much?! And what's stopping her from being true to herself? She could've chosen to be happy.



Grr. I find it puzzling. Humans, such irrational, complex beings.

I think we're not capable of handling our own lives. We never know what's best for ourselves no matter how wise we think we are.

Or maybe I just haven't seen enough of life (and death) yet. No maturity of thought you say. maybe. I dunno.


Sigh.

No comments: